September 12, 2016
Fall, 2016. Yale Jazz Initiative Jazz Combo Coaching Program.
- Coaching is arranged by the School of Music for 6 90-minute sessions per semester.
- Coaches are assigned by the School of Music on the basis of auditions.
- This year the audition will consist of a recording of the combo, unedited, playing two pieces.
- The recording should be audio and video.
- The combo coaching are not for credit.
- Repertoire for the combos will be worked out with the coaches.
- Combos selected by coaches must be prepared to meet 6 times per semester with the coach, and may and should meet outside of those sessions to practice and prepare.
Submit recorded applications electronically to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Monday, Sept. 12, 2016.